I wanted to try chicken kheema for a long time. One of the times before I was going to make Idili I saw ground chicken at Whole Foods, couldn’t resist buying as they go very well together.
If you don’t like Mutton, this one is a good alternative. I love to make it spicy so cut the spicy level according to your taste.
Do not over cook the chicken it will make the chicken tough. Add a little more spices for the chicken to absorb the taste fully.
- Ground Chicken – 1 lbs
- Oil – 3-4 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 2 nos (1 inch)
- Cloves – 4-5 nos
- Cardamom – 3-4 nos
- Big Onion – 1½ nos (medium)
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 2-3 tbsp (preferably add more garlic)
- Green Chili – 1-2 no
- Tomato – 2 nos (medium)
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Sakthi Chicken Masala – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander Leaves – ¼ cup (chopped)
- Water – 1½ cups
- Chop onion and coriander leaves. Grind ginger garlic paste. Slit open green chili.
- In a deep pan heat oil, add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and onion. Fry until onion turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell leaves.
- Add tomato, green chili and cook for 1-2 min. Add turmeric, cumin powder, pepper powder, red chili powder,coriander powder, garam masala, Sakthi chicken masala and salt. Mix and cook for a minute in medium flame.
- Add chicken and water. Cook it in medium to low flame for about 15 – 20 min by stirring it often.
- If you want more gravy take out as soon as the chicken is cooked or if you want it dry cook in high flame by stirring it until water drains.
- Add coriander leaves at the end and mix well.
- Nice to have with Idili, white rice and chapathi.