Not sure if it’s originated from the place Pallipalayam near Erode.
On a lazy day, dont want to go out but cook something simple? this is for you. All you need are some small onions and lots of unseeded red chilies. You can also thrown in some cut coconut at the end to give a twist. After cooking, I was surprised if a simple recipe can be very tasty.
You don’t need to add water to cook chicken, water oozed out from chicken is good enough. I’m very generous in adding oil sometimes to make the recipe tasty. So add what you usually add, irrespective the taste will be good.
Unseeded red chilies wont be very spicy, so dont be alarmed with the count. From the recipes list, didn’t add garlic, coconut and coriander leaves to my recipe.
- Chicken - 2 lb ( boned, preferably whole chicken)
- Oil - 3-4 tbsp
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Shallots - 20-30 nos
- Red chili - 15-20 nos
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Garlic - 10 nos (optional)
- Turmeric - ¼ tsp + ½ tsp
- Coconut - ½ nos (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander Leaves -2 tbsp (optional)
- Wash chicken and add turmeric -1/4 tsp, mix well and keep it ready.
- Peel and chop small onions to halves.
- Unseed red chilies and split it.
- Chop garlic and coconut into small.
- Chop coriander leaves.
- In a pan heat oil, when hot add mustard. When the mustard splutters add onions, garlic, curry leaves and unseeded red chilies. Fry until onions are cooked.
- Add turmeric, chicken, salt and cook in medium low flame
- Stir often until chicken is cooked. No need to add water, water oozed out from the chicken is good enough.
- Switch off the stove, add coconut and coriander leaves and mix well.
(*) Recipe from my Sister.