This is a very common and easy potato fry which made in every south indian families for Lemon rice, Curd Rice, sambar rice and any other variety rices.
Potato Fry South Indian / Urulaikilangu Varuval
- Potato - 15 ( Baby Potatoes)
- Red Chili Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Mustard - ½ tsp
- Split Urad dhal - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Chop the potatoes in to small pieces.
- In a nonstick pan heat oil, add mustard and Split Urad dhal. When the mustard splutters , add chopped potatoes,red chili powder, coriander powder and salt. Fry in in Medium or low flame for 10 15 min till the potatoes are cooked.
- Do not cook in high flame as the potatoes might be mashed up
- Cook in low flame to get the soft and if u want it be crispy, at the end increase the flame and stir well. Be careful not to burn the bottom.
Serve with Curd Rice, Lemon Rice.