When ever my family go out on a small trip, the first thing come to mind when packing food is lemon rice. I like lemon rice along with lemon pickle. This was my fav lunch box meal when I was in school.
|Sesame Oil||3 tsp|
|Split Urad Dhal||1/2 tsp|
|Channa Dhal||1/2 tsp|
|Green Chili||4 no|
|Curry leaves||1 strand|
Cook rice and allow it to cool down by spreading it in a plate.
In a pan heat oil. When hot add mustard, split urad dhal, channa dhal, curry Leaves, green Chili, turmeric and Peanut. Fry it till the peanut is fried well. Add the Lemon juice and salt. Mix the rice with this gently.
- If you want the lemon smell to be dominating, don’t heat the lemon juice, just add the juice directly to the rice.
- Cumin, Garlic can be added extra to enhance the taste.
- Curry Leaves adds a good smell to lemon rice.
- Red chilies can be substituted for green chilies.
- Cashew nuts can be added to taste rich.
- Lemon rice wont be spoiled for 1 whole day in normal day temperature. This can be packed for long trips where no cooler is available.
(*) Lemon pickle must be the right combo with fried potatoes or vadam.