This is an excellent dosa that can be made very quickly with very little prep work. If you don’t have Oats flour handy, dry roast Oats for 2-3 mins until they are brown and grind it to fine powder.
Add rice flour to get crispy dosa like Rava dosa. I added wheat flour to make it healthier and it wasn’t crispy but came out good.
- Oats Flour - 1 cup
- Wheat Flour - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Asofoetida/ Hing - little
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Pepper Corns - 10 nos
- Green Chili - 5-6 nos
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Onion - 1 nos (medium)
- Coriander Leaves - 1 hand full (chopped)
- Water - as needed
- Oil - as needed
- Chop onion very finely. Chop coriander leaves. Chop green chilies round. Peel ginger skin and chop them in to very fine pieces.
- Mix Oats flour, wheat flour, Asofoetida and salt. Add rest of the ingredients and pour water. Mix them well without any lumps. Set it aside for 10 mins or longer if you can (even if there are small lumps it will be dissolved). Make the batter little watery like rava dosai batter.
- Heat dosa pan until it's ready in medium flame. when it's hot pour 1 ladle full of batter in the dosa pan and spread it out.
- Spray some oil on top and allow it to cook for at least 5 min – 10 min or till they turn golden brown on the first side in medium flame and turn the other side. They would be very soft and break apart if turned before it’s done crisp on the first side. So care should be taken to cook properly till they turn golden brown on the first side before turning over.