Korma tastes similar to the one they serve in the restaurants. This can be accompanied with chapathi or any kind of roti. Vegetables of your choice can be added.
Hotel Vegetable Korma / Tamilnadu Veg Kurma ( Mixed Vegetables )
- Onion - 2 nos ( Medium )
- Green Chile - 3 nos
- Ginger garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Mixed vegetables - 1 cup ( Carrot, Beans, etc )
- Milk - ¼ cup (optional)
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Bay leaf - 2 nos
- Black stone flower - 2 nos
- Big cardamom - 1 no
- Cumin seed - ¼ tsp
- Fennel seeds - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves - 8 nos
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick - 2 ( small )
- Cardamom - 1 no
- Cashew - 2 nos
- Poppy seeds - 2tsp
- Roasted Channa dhal - 2 tsp
- Green chili - 1 no
- Coconut - 5 tbsp ( grated )
- Grind the “To Grind” section in to fine paste.
- Cut the vegetables into the same size or the desired size.
- Chop the onion finely.
- Split open the green chili.
- Chop the coriander leaves finely.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil and ghee together. When hot, add bay leaf, curry leaves, black stone flower, cumin and fennel seeds. Immediately add the chopped onions, green chilies and sauté the onion till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry this well till the raw smell leaves. Add the vegetables, coriander powder and 1 cup water and allow the vegetables to cook in medium flame for sometime.
- Add ground paste , salt and allow it to boil for 3 min.Add the milk, coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
- Cardamom adds nice aroma to the Gravy.
- Add coconut milk instead of grated coconut to enhance the richness.
- Add Annapoorna Kurma masala – 1 tsp to enhance the taste.
A nice combo with Chapathi, Idiyappam and any Variety rice.
(*) Recipe idea from spicindiaonline.