Yogurt rice would definitely be a last meal in our lunch menu. We make thick home made curd from the milk which we get from our farms. Use home made curd for best tastes, check it out the home made curd here. This recipe makes a perfect Potluck Curd Rice which creamy and rich in taste. Also this doesn’t get dry soon.
|Split Uradh dhal||1 tsp|
|Red Chili||3 ( Cut in to 2 )|
|Curry Leaves||1 strand|
|Ginger||1 inch ( Thin sliced )|
|Pomegranate||1/4 cup ( or as per taste )|
|Sour Cream||3 tbsp|
|Whipped Cream||2 tbsp|
Cook rice with the ratio of Rice:Water ( 1:3 ). Mash it with spatula after it’s cooked. Add the curd and Salt. Mix well and make sure no lumps are formed.
In a pan add ghee, Mustard , Cumin, Uradh dhal and wait till the mustard splutters. Add Red chili, Curry Leaves, Cashew nuts, Ginger, Hing and fry for 30 sec. Switch off the flame and add the Green chili, coriander leaves. Add the Sour Cream, Milk. Mix these with the Curd Rice. Add the Pomegranate.
- if the rice is not cooked well, blend it in a mixi for 1-2 sec with 1/2 cup of milk.
- Cook rice with more water to get good Curd Rice.
- If lumps are formed while mixing the rice with curd, grind it in mixi by adding little milk for not more than 2 sec.
- Adding fruits gives a good taste. Graps can also be added.
- Add Sour Cream and Whipped cream for real creamy taste.
- Use home made curd for rich taste. Here’s the tip to make home made Curd. How to make Curd
(*) Tastes really creamy and excellent to prepare for Parties.